A great place to live, work and play.

    You are here

    Trash Cart Services

    With this form you can:

    • Switch out your 32-gallon trash cart for a 64-gallon trash cart.
    • Request an additional 64-gallon trash cart (NOTE: you will be billed $10 per cart on your monthly water bill).
    • Request cart repair. 

    Allow at least two weeks for us to process your request due to the volume of requests we are receiving.

    Please leave your 32-gallon cart at the curb until we switch it out. When requesting a larger cart, select RF182 on the Change Type drop down menu.

    Should you need to contact us by phone, call our Citizens First Information Center at (434) 856-CITY (2489). We appreciate your patience.

    Business Customers: please contact Public Works at (434) 455-4450 to request changes in your service - do not use this form.

    MOBILE DEVICE USERS: Please rotate your phone to landscape mode.

    Trash Collection Guidelines

    View the FAQs: Trash Collection System

    Switch (Add/Return) Trash Carts

    Trash Collection | Trash Cart Services | Blue Bags | Collection Days & Holidays | Brush & Bulk CollectionHousehold Hazardous Waste | Recycling | Litter Control & Adopt-A-Street | Contact Us