You are here
Salary and Benefits
Starting Annual Salary
- $40,019.20 starting salary for Police Officers
- 2.5% increase to $41,019.68 at the end of probation year
- (Starting salary may be higher with creditable law enforcement experience and/or Virginia certification.)
- 1-5 years service = 8 hours per month
- 6-10 years service = 10 hours per month
- 11-15 years service = 12 hours per month
- 16-20 years service = 14 hours per month
- 20 + years service = 16 hours per month
- Ten (10) paid holidays and two (2) paid personal days per year.
- One (1) day per month - accruable to 120 days.
- Employee, family and dependent group plans available for health, dental and prescription drug insurance.
- Paid (included in the Virginia Retirement System.)
- Police Officers become eligible for full retirement benefits after a combination of 50 years of age and 25 years of service.
- Paid in-service training. College courses relating to law enforcement may qualify for tuition assistance.
- Uniforms and equipment, except footwear, are provided. Biennial (every two years) boot allowance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Periodic physical examinations.
- Patrol Officers work 12 hour shifts.
For more information, contact LPD Personnel and Recruitment:
(434) 455-6048 - email@example.com