Real Estate Tax Relief
If you own and are living in your home in the City of Lynchburg and are 65 years of age or older, or permanently disabled, and have a yearly income of $46,100 or less, a net worth of $100,000 or less, you may qualify for Real Estate Tax Relief. Net worth shall exclude the fair market value of the dwelling in which you live. Applications are available in the June of each year and the deadline for application is August 1. This program requires a yearly application.
- Real Estate Tax Relief Application click here
Disabled Veteran Real Estate Tax Exemption
A Disabled Veteran may qualify for an exemption from Real Estate Tax if the following criteria is met:
- Real Estate must be owned or jointly owned with spouse by the veteran
- The Real Estate must be occupied by the veteran as his primary place of residence
- The veteran must have been rated by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or its successor agency to have a 100% service-connected, permanent and total disability
The surviving spouse of an eligible veteran may also qualify, provided the death of the veteran occurs after January 1, 2011, the surviving spouse does not remarry and the surviving spouse continues to occupy the real estate as their primary place of residence.
- Disabled Veteran Real Estate Tax Exemption Application click here
For further information regarding the Disabled Veteran Real Estate Tax Exemption 434-455-3870.