You are here
Physical Development Committee
|Meeting Packet||Meeting Notes|
|February 11, 2020||February 11, 2020 Minutes|
|March 10, 2020||CANCELED|
|April 14, 2020||CANCELED|
|May 12, 2020||CANCELED|
|June 9, 2020||CANCELED|
|July 14, 2020||July 14, 2020 Minutes|
|August 11, 2020||August 11, 22020 Minutes|
|September 8, 2020||CANCELED|
|October 13, 2020||October 13, 2020 Minutes|
|November 10, 2020||November 10, 2020 Minutes|
|December 8, 2020||CANCELED|
|January 12, 2021||January 12, 2021 Minutes|
General Purpose Statement
To guide the City in the execution of Council-adopted physical development policies; to review and serve as a filter in determining specific physical development actions to be considered by City Council; and, to review reports regarding physical development and capital projects on a quarterly basis to determine if any adjustments are necessary during the fiscal year.
To better facilitate the Physical Development Committee meetings, there are three types of agenda items: General Business, Other Information and Items to be considered later by the full City Council. Following are examples of items that may be included in each of these sections:
I. Items considered as General Business include:
1. Presentations by and requests from City departments, citizens, outside agencies and private entities including those seeking relief from City Code requirements (preliminary review) and City policies, such as utility connection fees;
2. Petitions for non-routine utility line extensions;
3. Reallocations (greater than $50,000) of non-project specific Capital Budget appropriations.
II. Items considered as Other Information include:
Items that do not require immediate Committee action, but are to advise the Committee on upcoming items or issues. Examples include: quarterly and special reports regarding the status of the City’s physical development including City capital projects and other items relating to the City’s solid waste system and water and wastewater systems, including the Combined Sewer Overflow (CSO) program.
III. Items to be considered later by the full City Council at a Regular City Council Meeting or Work Session include:
1. Street vacations and disposition of other real property;
2. Input into the planning and approach for the annual Capital Improvement Program;
3. Review and deliberations regarding the Proposed Capital Improvement Program;
4. Changes to the City Code relating to the physical development of the City;
5. City Council reports relating to the physical development of the City;
6. Demolition of City owned buildings; and
7. Waivers of municipal property liens.
8. Leases and terms of leases (renewals will not come to PDC unless terms change);
9. License Agreements for R/W use (setting fees);
10. Grant applications for infrastructure
11. Contracts that exceed 25% of bid amount.
IV. Committee Procedures Regarding Items from the General Public
In order to make the best use of the Committee’s meeting time, requests for new items from the general public should be provided, preferably in writing, to the City Engineer two weeks prior to the Committee’s scheduled meeting date. This schedule will provide City staff with adequate time to prepare background information, if necessary, and provide this information to the Committee prior its meeting. Exceptions to this procedure will be made in emergency situations. The Chair of the Committee makes the final decision about which items are on the agenda. If the Chair is not available, the decision will be made by the City Engineer, who will contact the Chair as soon as he or she is available. The Chair of the Committee may require that citizens/petitioners hold their opening statements/remarks to five minutes.
|PDC meetings are generally held on the second Tuesday monthly at 8:00 a.m. in the City Manager Office Large Conference Room.|