You are here
"Enjoy the Feast, Recycle the Grease" Campaign
"These kits provide our community with the information and tools they need to protect our infrastructure and environment, right at the kitchen sink. We encourage the community to practice proper grease disposal methods during the holiday season and year-round," said Tim Mitchell, Director of LWR.
The free grease collection kits include a funnel, can lid, sponge, dish scraper, and informational hand-outs on how to use the items and how to properly dispose of the grease. The kits will be available at a variety of locations thanks to a partnership with Lynchburg Parks and Recreation and the Lynchburg Community Market.
Individuals can pick up a kit at the following locations:
- Lynchburg Community Market Table will be set up for grab and go from Saturday, November 7- Monday, November 30. Kit hand-out events will occur at the Market on Saturday, November 21 from 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. and Wednesday, November 25 from 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Lynchburg Parks and Recreation Neighborhood Centers (College Hill, Diamond Hill, Daniel's Hill, and Jefferson Park) Available during open hours November 9 - November 30.
- Templeton Senior Center Available during open hours November 9 - November 30.
- Lynchburg College Hill Water Treatment Plant Administration Building Table will be set up for grab and go within the front administration building lobby Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Lynchburg Wastewater Treatment Plant Kits are located on the top shelf of the grease recycling container. Plant is open 24/7 for grease recycling or kit pick up.
- BRWA Administration Building Table will be set up for grab and go within the front lobby from November 9 - November 30, Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- BRWA Smith Mountain Lake Water Treatment Facility Table will be set up for grab and go outside of the main entrance on November 9 - November 30, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
For more information about "Enjoy the Feast, Recycle the Grease," visit:
About Lynchburg Water Resources: Lynchburg Water Resources (LWR) ensures that Lynchburg residents enjoy an uninterrupted supply of quality drinking water, reliable sewer service, and proper stormwater management. The mission of Lynchburg Water Resources is to promote the life, health, and prosperity of our community. Visit https://www.lynchburgva.gov/waterresources for more information.