You are here
Business License Taxes Due May 3
All businesses located in the City of Lynchburg are required to obtain a license by Monday, May 3. The business license fee is based on gross receipts/purchases. The following schedule is utilized to determine the amount of the business license tax:
|Gross Receipts/Purchases||Business License Fee|
The City of Lynchburg does not issue business licenses for businesses with gross receipts/purchases of $10,000 or less.
If gross receipts/purchases are greater than $150,000 the following schedule is utilized:
• Retail merchant - 20 cents per $100 of gross receipts
• Contractor - 16 cents per $100 of gross receipts
• Business/personal service - 36 cents per $100 of gross receipts
• Professional service - 58 cents per $100 of gross receipts
• Wholesale merchant - $20 plus 28 cents per $100 of gross purchases
For more information, contact the Commissioner of the Revenue Office at (434) 455-3880.