Lynchburg Parking Authority
The Lynchburg Parking Authority is responsible for the oversight and has the authority to set policy concerning all City of Lynchburg off-street parking facilities.
The purpose of the Parking Authority is to develop plans for and to coordinate the development and use of sufficient off-street, public-owned parking facilities in the City and as necessary to acquire, construct, reconstruct, equip, improve, extend, enlarge, maintain, repair and operate off-street parking facilities.
The mission of the Lynchburg Parking Authority is to recognize that it is a not-for-profit public service organization established under the Acts of Assembly of Virginia, to provide off-street parking within the commercial and residential districts of the municipality consistent with the plans and policies of the municipality.
- To operate and maintain the City of Lynchburg parking facilities in a professional manner so as to compliment the community and to emphasize a high level of customer service.
- To receive revenues derived from the use of the parking facilities and to use those revenues to maintain, finance, and improve the public parking system and to provide improved amenities in the Central Business District.
- The Authority operates in a fiscally responsible manner, consistent with applicable accounting procedures, governing regulations, and contractual obligations.
- The Authority shall continually improve and increase parking opportunities to meet the unique challenges that are presented as the result of growth and development within the City.
For more information contact the parking authority at email@example.com.
- To increase communications between the public and private sectors regarding current parking policies and future parking needs.
- To maximize off-street parking options for downtown visitors, businesses, and residents.
- To maximize on-street parking options for downtown visitors, businesses, and residents.
- To determine the most appropriate method of financing and location for a new parking facility.