You are here
Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics Recycling
The Region 2000 Services Authority (not the City of Lynchburg) operates the Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection days (normally the second Saturday of June, August and October). It is an opportunity for citizens to properly dispose of material which should not be put in the landfill or poured down the drain due to toxicity or the potential for pollution of groundwater.
2020 Household Hazardous Waste and Electronic Recycling Schedule
Saturday, October 24, 2020
What You Need To Bring
- Photo Identification.
- Acceptable and Unacceptable Materials & Electronics
- Available to City of Lynchburg residents only.
- Residents are strongly encouraged to wear mask or face covering and cannot exit vehicles
- Date and time: October 24, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Location: Concord Turnpike Convenience Center located at 2525 Concord Turnpike, Lynchburg.
- You MUST bring photo identification with you.
- Please bring items in non-returnable containers.
- For City Residents: this collection does not count against your free 500 lbs to the landfill.
- DO NOT BRING LATEX PAINT (You may add cat litter or sand to fully dry and place in your regular weekly trash).
- There is no fee for the HHW collection service.