You are here
Lynchburg Regional Airport can also meet the needs of general and corporate aviation travelers. The general aviation ramp can accommodate a variety of corporate and private aircraft. In addition, hangar facilities are available upon request.
Fixed Base Operators, Specialized Aviation Service Operators & Charter Services
Virginia Aviation, operating as Freedom Aviation, provides an array of aviation services for their clients. Their staff of professionals is available daily from 4:30 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. After-hours services are available through special arrangements made during normal hours of operation.
- Maintenance and Avionics – Virginia Aviation's FAA Certified Repair Station maintenance and avionics departments have full-time certified technicians on staff to perform scheduled service needs as well as the experience to trouble-shoot unexpected mechanical and electrical problems.
- Line Services – Virginia Aviation is a Conoco Phillips (Phillips 66) fuel provider with full service capabilities to fuel Jet A and 100LL avgas. Additionally, the company provides all normal ground support services and offers transient aircraft overnight hangar rental.
- Charter – Virginia Aviation offers Charter Aircraft Services with Jet, Turboprop and Piston aircraft.
- Cargo – Virginia Aviation provides cargo charter services including Hazmat capabilities.
- Hangar/Tie-down – Virginia Aviation provides leased hangar space to Lynchburg based aircraft as well as outside tie-down locations.
970 Airport Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Freedom Aviation provides commercial and FBO services to transient customers, businesses and individuals at the Lynchburg, VA Regional Airport.
- Aircraft Charter – Aircraft charter of both piston and jet engine aircraft.
- Maintenance – Federally approved aircraft repair station is manned with a knowledgeable staff of maintenance professionals. The maintenance department is available daily from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is equipped to service a wide variety of aircraft ranging from small Cessna 152s to mid-size jets.
- Aircraft Fuel – Prices are guaranteed, after hours services are available.
- Flight Training – An approved Cessna Pilot Center advisor will direct you to the right flight training to fit your specific needs. Part 61 available through Freedom Aviation, Part 141 supported by Liberty University School of Aeronautics located at the Freedom Jet Center. Both programs offer federally approved programs and are staffed with experienced flight instructors that can provide instruction on both piston and jet-engine aircraft.
- Other Services – Hangar rental for both transient and local aircraft, as well as aircraft sales, pilot supplies and equipment.
310 Hangar Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Ph: 434-237-7002 Fax: 434-237-5305
Owned and operated by Kyle Falwell, Bon Air Brokerage is a multi-faceted aviation company operating out of the Lynchburg Regional Airport. With over fifteen years of aviation experience, Bon Air Brokerage is able to provide extensive professional expertise to meet all your aviation needs. Equipped to handle everything from the purchase to the daily operation of your aircraft, Bon Air Brokerage provides aircraft management, pilot services, aircraft sales, aircraft appraisals, as well as flight and jet training services.
Central Virginia Aerial Solutions (CVAS) is a locally owned and operated aerial photography and videography company that utilizes Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) to create dynamic, cost effective pictures and videos. CVAS is FAA Section 333 approved, licensed and insured, and provides a variety of services that include, but are not limited to: aerial photography / videography, mapping / surveying, and inspections. CVAS operates DJI lightweight, battery operated UAS machines that include state of the art ground control and communications equipment. Each UAS carries at least one high resolution camera with first person viewing in order to conduct safe, precise aerial photography and videography. All of our UAS pilots are aircraft pilots, and each photo session will include a safety spotter.
Self-Service Fuel Tank
The City of Lynchburg is excited to offer 100LL fuel from our self-service pump. We ask that pilots who use the self-service fuel please do not leave aircraft unattended at the fuel pump. If you plan to use the General Aviation Terminal while visiting LYH please park your aircraft in a designated parking spot located on the large mid-field ramp, as indicated on the map [below]. Be sure to check with our tenants about services offered while you are visiting LYH.