The complete budget document is available for public review at the Lynchburg Public Library, 2315 Memorial Avenue, or can be viewed here.
Council Budget Message
FY 2024 Council Budget Message (4 page PDF)
Budget Q&A Documents
- Budget Responses Dated April 28, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated April 27, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated April 18, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated April 12, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated April 6, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated April 4, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated April 3, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated March 30, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated March 28, 2023
- Budget Responses Dated March 21, 2023
- FY 2024-2028 Capital Improvement Program June 13, 2023
- Budget Work Session Presentation May 2, 2023
- All Department 3% Reduction April 24, 2023
- Budget Work Session Presentation April 18, 2023 (this presentation was not presented in its entirety to City Council)
- Closing the Gap - Budget Work Session Presentation April 11, 2023
- LPD Exit Interviews 2019-2022
- LCS Memo to City Manager April 4, 2023
- City of Lynchburg Employees (Excel)
- American Community Survey Housing Data - Citywide
- American Community Survey Housing Data - Ward I
- American Community Survey Housing Data - Ward II
- American Community Survey Housing Data - Ward III
- American Community Survey Housing Data - Ward IV
- City of Lynchburg Current Employees (PDF)
- Analysis of Unassigned General Fund Balance
- City vs County
- LCS Memo to City Manager March 20, 2023
- FY 2022 Dues & Memberships
- Open Positions and Funding (available as of March 28, 2023)
- Letter from Vice Mayor Faraldi and Council Members Helgeson, Taylor and Misjuns
Lynchburg City Council Budget Public Hearings
On Tuesday, April 4, beginning at 6:00 p.m., Lynchburg City Council will conduct the following public hearings in this order, in the Council Chamber, City Hall, 900 Church Street:
- Agenda Item #1. Real Estate Assessment
- Agenda Item #2. Proposed Water/Stormwater/Sewer Rates
- Agenda Item #3. Proposed Fiscal Year 2024 Budget
The purpose of these hearings is to receive feedback and allow citizen input.
The Proposed FY 2024 Operating Budget and FY 2024-2028 Capital Improvement Program are available for public review at the Lynchburg Public Library (Main Branch), 2315 Memorial Avenue, as well as on the City’s website at https://www.lynchburgva.gov/proposed-fy2024-budget.
Tables will be located in the City Hall lobby on April 4 from 5:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. where citizens may sign up to speak at one or all three public hearings. City staff will also be available at the tables to answer questions. After each public hearing is completed, Mayor Stephanie T. Reed will open the floor to anyone who did not previously sign up.
Overflow seating will be available in the conference room adjacent to the Council Chamber as well as in Training Room located on the second floor of City Hall. Staff will direct attendees to these locations as necessary.
An electronic message board on Main Street will direct attendees to park in the Midtown Parking Deck.
Citizens who are unable to attend these hearings may submit comments to Alicia L. Finney, Clerk of Council, by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 3. Comments may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the public hearing line at (434) 455-3998 and leave a message.