Commend Staff or File a Complaint
- Email us.
- Mail your commendation to Sheriff Donald T. Sloan, 907 Clay Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504
- Call the Sheriff’s Office at (434) 847-1301
- Visit the Sheriff's Office and ask to speak to a Sheriff Office Supervisor
The Lynchburg Sheriff’s Office policy is to promptly investigate allegations of wrongdoing by Sheriff’s Office members and to take appropriate action as to discipline, policy change or exoneration. A complaint means that someone is dissatisfied with our performance. If we are doing something wrong, the complainant will help the Sheriff’s Office recognize and ultimately rectify the wrongdoing. It is the intent of the Lynchburg Sheriff’s Office to serve and protect the Citizens of Lynchburg and to provide them with the highest quality services available.
- Complete the online Citizen Complaint form. If you are under 18 years of age, you must have a parent or guardian present with you when you speak to a Supervisor or, if you submit a complaint form via mail, your parent or guardian must sign the form.
- Visit the Sheriff's Office at 907 Clay Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504, and ask to speak to a Sheriff Office Supervisor. You may be requested to fill out a complaint form so that it can be investigated.
- Mail a completed Citizen Complaint form (download & print) to: Sheriff Donald T. Sloan, 907 Clay Street, Lynchburg, VA 24504
The Sheriff’s Office encourages legitimate complaints be filed as a means in which to help the Sheriff’s Office and its employees continued accountability to our citizens. However, false, misleading, and/or malicious allegations may result in civil and/or criminal sanctions.