You are here
On March 30, 2020, the Governor of Virginia issued a statewide Shelter in Place Order through June 10, 2020 in response to the COVID-19 public health crisis. Until further notice, the Lynchburg Circuit Court Clerk’s Office will restrict access to the building to “critical mission” services only. The office will remain operational, but will restrict physical access to the building to "critical mission" services and by appointment only. Those who cannot conduct business through electronic means; business conducted by mail, e-mail, phone, drop-box (located at the front entrance to the office), will need to call the office to schedule an appointment. This is being done in an effort to limit the number of people accessing the office at any one time.
In order to facilitate this, the following changes are being implemented until further notice:
- An inbox is available at the office entrance for “drop-offs” of general mail, filings, and recordings that are not time sensitive. Staff will check this box regularly and process work accordingly.
- The land records room is currently open, however, e-recordings of land records are accepted and encouraged through Simplifile.
- Access to the historical room is suspended.
- All fines, fees, penalties, and restitution payments must be paid online, processed by phone, via U.S. mail, or dropped in the inbox at the office entrance.
- Credit card convenience fees will be waived beginning Monday, March 23rd.
- Criminal restricted license petitions are suspended for 90 days. Defendants may mail in a petition with a DMV compliance summary and once services are no longer suspended, they will be issued a restricted license.
- Copies of marriage licenses, divorce decrees, orders, or other documents may be requested by phone and can be mailed or sent electronically.
- Parties to a case who need information such as court dates and court orders are to call the Criminal Division at 434-455-2697 or Civil Division at 434-455-3511 if they cannot contact their attorney.
- Attorneys and their staff are encouraged to seek access to the Secure Remote Access (SRA) system and Officer of the Court Remote Access (OCRA) system for routine copies for all non-sealed civil and criminal court records.
- Free access to the Secure Remote Access (SRA) system and Officer of the Court Remote Access (OCRA) system (attorneys only) is being offered for a period of 90 days to those who do not currently have paid accounts for these services. Those who already have paid accounts for these services will have their accounts extended for 90 days.
- Concealed handgun permit applications should be submitted via U.S. mail with a copy of your Driver’s License and copy of your completed Virginia Concealed Permit Safety Certification. Please refer to the Virginia State Police website www.vsp.virginia.gov for an application and further information.
- Passport services are currently suspended.
Criminal Division (434) 455-2697
Civil Division (434) 455-3511
Probate Division (434) 455-2617
Deeds / Land Records (434) 455-2621
Fines / Costs (434) 455-3510
Judgments / Notaries (434) 455-2620
Marriage Licenses (434) 455-2620
All Other Services (434) 455-2620
Please refer to our website www.lynchburgva.gov/circuit-court or contact us by phone at 434-455-2620 with questions. This is strongly encouraged prior to coming to the office. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation amidst unique and challenging circumstances.
- Pay My Fines (pay your criminal fines or costs)
- Case Status Public Search
- Simplifile (Deeds Electronic Recording)
- OCRA (by subscription for attorneys only)
- SRA (by subscription only)
VA Supreme Court Order
COVID-19 Appellate Court and Local Court Information