You are here
Bridges to Progress: Who We Are
Merger of Bridges of Central Virginia and Poverty to Progress
- In early 2018, City approached Bridges of Central Virginia (BOCV) to discuss better coordination of initiatives.
- BOCV executive committee and City leadership met over the spring/summer of 2018 to discuss possibility/feasibility of merger.
- City leadership and BOCV Executive Committee agreed to bring back the structure of the merger to their respective groups to gain approval. BOCV gained this approval at their next 90 day meeting.
- The two groups merged in the fall of 2018 to form Bridges to Progress.
- BOCV and P2P (Poverty to Progress) had some of the same committees and some that were different. The merger created 10 taskforces.
For more information about these two initiatives, click here.