You are here
Welcome to the final day of our Virtual International Festival! Our final destination is Asia. Here's what you'll discover in today's video:
- Meet Dr. Meredith Woo, President of Sweet Briar College
- Watch Gulshan Ari, a Bollywood dancer perform
- Gauri Wooldridge cooks up some delicious Indian food
- Patty Kachornvanich, owner of Thai 99 demonstrates how to make Pad Kra Pao
- And finally, Patty takes us on a trip around Thailand!
The Lynchburg Public Library has wonderful activities today as well. Victoria reads Peek! A Thai Hide and Seek written by Mingfong Ho. Make a sweet treat called Khao niaow ma muang (mango sticky rice), learn some facts about Thailand, a new song and then bring out your creative side by making a Thai lantern and a Thai Batik!
Be sure to take today's quiz to enter for a chance to win one of two $25.00 gift certificates. We will be announcing winners for the week on Monday, August 30.
Thank you for watching, and hope to see you in 2022 at Riverfront Park!