Purpose of the Website
The purpose of the official City of Lynchburg website is to provide accurate, non-editorial content and information about the City of Lynchburg municipal government's operations and services. The website is also used to provide direct services by the Lynchburg municipal government to its citizens, visitors, and businesses.
Virginia Freedom of Information Act
The public records held by the City of Lynchburg, including information posted or submitted on the website, are subject to the disclosure provisions of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act. See Virginia Code §§ 2.2-3700 et seq.
The City of Lynchburg does not share any personally identifiable information or data collected through our website with unaffiliated third parties for their independent use, except if required to do so by the Virginia Freedom of Information Act or other law.
The images, content, and features of this website are owned and copyrighted by the City of Lynchburg or its licensors. All rights are reserved by their respective owners. You, the user, are responsible for adhering to copyright restrictions for any copyrighted material on this site.
If you are an external party linking to the City of Lynchburg's website, you are also responsible for adhering to copyright restrictions for any copyrighted material on this site.
Third Party - Outside Link Disclaimer
Acceptance of Terms
- You agree that you will not violate (or attempt to violate) the security of this Site by hacking, sending viruses, or any other similar malicious or careless conduct.
- You agree that you will not utilize the communication methods found within the Site for the communication of any material that may reasonably be considered scurrilous or offensive.
- You acknowledge that you have no right to the intellectual property associated with this Site, that you have only a limited right to use this Site and that you will adhere to any and all copyright restrictions that apply to the materials displayed upon or accessed through this Site.
- You acknowledge that the City does not warrant the accuracy or availability of this Site.
- You acknowledge that the City is not responsible for any loss, damage, or injury that you may have as a result of your use of this Site.
- You agree to be bound by the laws applicable in Lynchburg with respect to your use of the Site and you agree that any court proceedings relating to your use of the Site will take place in the Judicial District of Lynchburg.
- You agree to grant the City all intellectual property rights in the content of any email that you send to the City.
If you do not agree to all of these terms, please log off of this website immediately.
Department of Communications and Public Engagement
900 Church Street
Lynchburg, Virginia 24504
Direct: Phone 434-856-CITY