Register to Vote
Office of the Registrar
825 Kemper Street
Lynchburg, VA 24501
City of Lynchburg - City Hall Information Desk
900 Church Street
Lynchburg, VA 24504
Go to the Commonwealth of Virginia's Department of Elections Online Registrations Citizen Portal.
Other Registration Locations
- State or local government offices when applying or re-certifying for Aid to Dependent Children; Food Stamps; Women, Infants and Children (WIC); Medicaid; or Rehabilitation Services
- Government offices in the State that provide State-funded programs primarily engaged in providing services to person with disabilities
- Armed forces recruitment office
- Public libraries
- Department of Motor Vehicles offices
- Voter Registration Drive
- Calling the local registrar office at 434-477-5999 to request an application to be mailed to your residence
Voter Registration Deadline
You do not need to register again if you are already registered at your current address, which you can check online.
- General: 22 Days Before an Election
- Primary: 22 Days Before an Election
- Special: 13 Days before an Election
- Special (called by the Governor): 7 Days before an Election
Eligibility to Vote
All U.S. citizen residents of Virginia aged 18 years or older, or who will be 18 by the next general election, are eligible to register to vote, provided they have not been convicted of a felony or judged by a court as mentally incapacitated.
If you're already registered to vote at your current address and haven't moved, your registration is still valid and you don't need to do anything.
Remember in Virginia we do not register to vote by political party, so this information doesn't appear on your registration record. This means that any registered voter is eligible to vote in any primary election administered by the Office of Elections.
If both the Democratic and Republican parties hold primaries on the same day, voters must choose which party ballot they wish to vote.