You are here
12th Street Utility Project
UPDATE: 12th STREET DETOUR IN PLACE
As part of the 12th Street Utility Project, the northbound lane of 12th Street (headed toward downtown Lynchburg) between Buchanan and Jackson Streets is closed to through traffic. Detour signs direct motorists from Park Avenue to Fifth Street to Church Street to 12th Street. The detour is expected to be in place until September. The southbound lane of 12th Street (headed toward Kemper Street) will remain open.
ABOUT THE 12TH STREET UTILITY PROJECT
WHAT’S BEING DONE?
HOW LONG WILL IT LAST?
HOW WILL IT AFFECT MY NEIGHBORHOOD?
- Side streets may be closed to traffic during construction but you will have access to your driveway at all times. Street parking may not be available during construction.
- If a planned temporary water service shut-off is necessary, you will be notified 24 hours in advance with a door hanger on your front door. Service interruptions will be minimal.
- If you experience discolored water, run cold water taps for 3-5 minutes until water clears. If the water does not clear, contact Lynchburg Water Resources at (434) 455-4250.
- Garbage pickup should not be affected.
- Emergency vehicles will have access at all times.
- Work taking place within the Federal Hill Historic District will replace existing material: sidewalks, curbing, brick, flagstone, etc.