Sec. 6-63. Operating requirements.
No center shall be operated except in compliance with the following operating requirements provided that requirements (6) and (7) shall not be required of any center operating lawfully prior to April 8, 1975:
(1) The center shall be illuminated throughout its interior at a level of at least forty (40) footcandles.
(2) The center shall provide separate rest room facilities for both sexes.
(3) Deleted. (Ord. No. 0-81-033)
(4) The center shall at all times be under management and control by a person at least eighteen (18) years of age who shall be on the premises of the center at all times during the hours of operation.
(5) The center shall have no partitioned or closed off areas other than those for toilet facilities, office space and storerooms.
(6) The center shall be located on the ground level floor of the building in which it is situated; it shall also have a window or windows with a total of not less than fifty (50) square feet of glass which shall not be covered or otherwise obstructed during hours of business.
(7) The center shall provide permanently maintained off-street parking for personnel and patrons at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) parking spaces for each game table or machine displayed whether in use or not.
(8) The center shall be open for observation without warrant by any law enforcement official at any time during normal hours of operation.
(9) The center shall display in a conspicuous manner the permit issued and the license obtained for operation of the commercial recreation center.
Provided, however, that where the commercial recreation center is a part of, owned by and housed in a restaurant and utilizes no more than 25% twenty-five (25) per cent of the floor space of the restaurant, the provisions of subsections (5) and (6) hereof may be waived to the extent deemed appropriate by the issuer of the permit, so long as visibility of the center is sufficient for police department observation.
For the purposes of this section, a "restaurant" shall be defined as an establishment that is open to the public and where the principal use is the preparation and serving of food and beverages for on-premises consumption. (Ord. of 4-8-75, § 26-22; Ord. No. O-81-033, § 1, 2-10-81; Ord. No. O-83-069, § 1, 4-26-83; Ord. No. O-99-252, 11-9-99)
Last updated date: 10/23/2006 4:15:21 PM