Sec. 5-22. Duties of city manager.
The city manager or his designee shall, within thirty (30) days after receipt of an application for an ambulance certificate as provided for herein, cause such investigation as he deems necessary to be made of the applicant and of his proposed operations. If the city manager or his designee finds:
(1) That the public convenience and necessity requires the proposed ambulance service;
(2) That each such ambulance, its required equipment and the premises designated in the application, have been licensed by the Virginia Department of Health as provided for herein;
(3) That the applicant is a responsible and proper person to conduct or work in the proposed business;
(4) That only duly licensed drivers, attendants and attendant-drivers are employed in such capacities; and
(5) That all the requirements of this chapter and all other applicable laws and ordinances have been met; then the city manager or his designee shall recommend to the city council that the city council issue a certificate to the applicant; otherwise the city manager or his designee shall recommend to the city council that the application be denied. The city manager or his designee shall include a complete report of his findings in his recommendation to the council. The applicant and other certificate holders, if any, shall be given notice of the meeting of council when the report of the city manager or his designee will be considered. The decisions of the city council on the matter shall be final. (Code 1959, § 3.1-6; Ord. No. O-12-107, 9-11-12)
Last updated date: 10/5/2012 10:29:24 AM