Sec. 37-73. Revocation and suspension—Causes for action.
(a) A certificate may be revoked or suspended by the city manager for the following causes:
(1) Failure to operate the taxicab or taxicabs specified in the certificate in such manner as to serve the public adequately.
(2) Failure to maintain such taxicabs in good order and repair.
(3) Failure to keep in force the bond or insurance as required under sections 37-68 and 37-69.
(4) Repeated and persistent violation of traffic and safety ordinances by drivers.
(5) Willful or continued failure to comply with the provisions of this article or willful or continued failure to comply with any of the provisions of this Code or other ordinances of the city or laws of the state or federal governments, the violation of which reflects unfavorably on the suitability of the holder of the certificate to offer public transportation.
(6) Failure of any operator to operate regularly the number of taxicabs authorized by his certificate.
(7) Failure to operate additional taxicabs when directed so to do by the city manager under the provisions of section 37-71.
(8) Failure to comply with any rule or regulation promulgated by the city manager under the provisions of section 37-35.
(b) In case of proceeding under item (6) above, the city manager shall revoke the certificate to the extent that such certificate authorized the operation of a number of taxicabs in excess of the number regularly operated by such operator. (Tax Code 1959, § 31-50)
Last updated date: 10/23/2006 4:15:21 PM