Sec. 35.1-74. Trailer parks, campgrounds.
Areas for the temporary location of travel trailers, self-propelled campers, tents, and other temporary and movable overnight accommodations may be permitted by conditional use permit in R-C and B-5 districts if the following conditions are met:
(a) The proposed site shall contain at least ten (10) acres of area, with at least five thousand five hundred (5,500) square feet of land for each trailer site and shall provide at least four thousand (4,000) square feet of area in each trailer space, which shall have at least forty (40) feet of frontage on a paved access road at least twenty (20) feet in width leading to a public street. Every trailer must be parked at least twenty (20) feet from any other trailer.
(b) The site shall be served by water supply and waste disposal systems acceptable to the state department of health.
(c) The site shall have direct access to an arterial road.
(d) Buffering in accordance with Section 35.1-25.1.11, Buffering of this ordinance shall be provided between areas used for the parking of trailers and any adjacent commercial or permanent residential uses.
(e) Trailer courts permitted under this section may not be used for the location of a trailer for more than thirty (30) days.
(f) The following services shall be provided.
(1) An adequate supply of pure water for drinking and domestic purposes shall be supplied by pipes to all buildings and trailer lots within the court. Each lot shall be provided with a cold water tap. Waste from this supply shall be emptied into a drain connected to an approved disposal system.
(2) Toilet and other sanitary facilities shall be provided for males and females and shall either be in separate buildings or shall be separated, if in the same building, by soundproof walls; shall be marked with appropriate signs; and shall have doors at least eight (8) feet apart. Each toilet and each shower stall shall be in a private compartment or stall.
(3) Toilet facilities for males shall consist of not less than one (1) flush toilet, one (1) urinal, one (1) shower with a dressing compartment with at least nine (9) square feet, and one (1) lavatory for every ten (10) trailers or fraction thereof.
(4) Toilet facilities for females shall consist of not less than one (1) flush toilet, one (1) shower with a dressing compartment with at least nine (9) square feet and one (1) lavatory for every ten (10) trailers or fraction thereof.
(5) Suitable laundry facilities shall be provided.
(6) An adequate supply of hot and cold running water shall be provided for each shower, lavatory, and laundry.
(7) Service buildings housing the toilets and sanitary facilities shall be permanent structures complying with all applicable ordinance and statutes regulating buildings, electrical installation, and plumbing and sanitation systems and shall be located not closer than twenty (20) feet nor further than two hundred (200) feet from any court unit.
(8) All service buildings and the grounds of the court shall be maintained by the licensee or his agent in a clean, sightly condition and kept free of any condition that will menace the health of any occupant or the public or constitute a nuisance.
(9) Waste from showers, bathtubs, flush toilets, urinals, and lavatories in service and other buildings within the court shall be discharged into a public sewer system in compliance with applicable ordinances or into a private sewer and disposal plant or septic tank system of such construction and in a manner approved by the City Department of Health.
(g) Development in trailer parks must meet all other applicable regulations in this ordinance. (Ord. No. O-06-070, 6-13-06)
Last updated date: 10/23/2006 4:15:21 PM