Sec. 35.1-25.1.9. Foundation plantings.
(a) All sides of multi-family, commercial, institutional or industrial buildings, which front on a public or private street or are visible from an adjacent residential district, shall be landscaped with foundation plantings as follows:
(1) One (1) ornamental tree per fifty (50) linear feet of building, and
(2) One (1) large shrub per ten (10) linear feet of building, or
(3) One (1) medium shrub and one (1) small shrub per ten (10) linear feet of building, or
(4) Three (3) small shrubs per ten (10) linear feet of building, or
(5) Any combination of 2, 3 or 4 above.
(b) Foundation plantings may be placed in collective groupings along the perimeter of the building for which required.
(c) In the event that the city planner determines that topography or other landscaping would prevent the required foundation plantings from being visible from a public or private street or an adjacent residential district, the only foundation plantings that shall be required are for the wall of the building on which the main entrance is located. (Ord. of 6-13-06, #O-06-070; Ord. No. O-07-045, 4-10-07; Ord. No. O-13-034)