Sec. 16.2-5. Scope of chapter.
(a) No person shall develop any land for residential, commercial, industrial or institutional use without having provided for appropriate stormwater management measures that control or manage stormwater runoff quality, quantity, and velocity as provided within this article.
(b) Notwithstanding any other provisions of this chapter, the following development activities are exempt from the requirements of providing stormwater management.
(1) Agricultural land management activities such as tilling, planting or harvesting of agricultural, horticultural, or forest crops.
(2) Land development projects that disturb less than one thousand (1,000) square feet of land area.
(3) Single-family residences and residential subdivisions of less than five (5) lots and containing no new street construction; however, an agreement in lieu of plan is required.
(4) Additions or modification to existing single-family detached residential structures.
(5) Permitted surface or deep mining operations and projects, or oil and gas operations and projects conducted under the provisions of Title 45.1 of the Code of Virginia.
(6) Linear development projects, provided that (i) less than five thousand (5,000) square feet of land will be disturbed per outfall or watershed, (ii) there will be insignificant increases in peak flow rates, and (iii) there are no existing or anticipated flooding or erosion problems downstream of any discharge point. (Ord. No. O-01-079, 4-24-01, eff. 5-1-01; Ord. No. O-07-047, 4-10-07)
Last updated date: 4/27/2007 1:56:18 PM