You are here
Police Reports & Criminal Record Check Requests
- Verification of an incident can be obtained from The Records Unit by the complainant, victim or property owner. Copies of case records on file with the police department are released only to law enforcement officers or pursuant to a subpoena. Incident verifications will not be available until at least 48 hours after the report was taken.
- A $10.00 search and service fee in the form of cash, money order or check made payable to the Lynchburg City Police Department is required, and a stamped self-addressed envelope. The request may be made in person or by mail.
Traffic Accident Reports
- A copy of an accident report can be obtained from The Records Unit. Accident reports will not be available until at least 48 hours after the report was taken.
- Certain restrictions apply to accident reports released. Only individuals involved, persons injured, owners of property damaged as a result of a traffic accident, or an agent acting on those individuals’ behalf may obtain a copy of an accident report from the Lynchburg Police Department.
- A $10.00 search and service fee per print in the form of cash, money order or check made payable to the Lynchburg Police Department is required. The request may be made in person or by mail.
- To obtain an Accident Report or Incident Verification by mail, please print & fill out a Accident Verification Report (by clicking this link), along with a Notarized Release Authorization (by clicking this link) and mail them to the address below, along with $10.00 (check or money order) along with a stamped self-addressed envelope.
Attn: Records Unit 905 Court Street
To Obtain Criminal Records Checks
- As of June 1, 2017 the Lynchburg Police Department no longer offers Criminal Background Checks.
- To obtain Criminal Background Checks in the Commonwealth of Virginia please visit the Virginia State Police Website.
For more information contact the Lynchburg Police Department Records Unit (434) 455-6069