You are here
Guidelines for Obtaining a Passport at the Circuit Court Clerk's Office
- Passports are issued between 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. every day on a walk-in basis. It is recommended that you arrive by 3:00 p.m. If you have a large group of people coming to get passports, please call ahead (434) 455-2620.
- The Circuit Court Clerk's Office is a passport acceptance office. Photos are not taken here and the Office does not issue money orders.
- In addition to the passport fee required by the US State Department, the Circuit Court charges a $35 processing fee for each new passport which must be paid separately. The processing fee may be paid by cash, check, money order or credit card (processing fee with all credit card transactions).
Required Documents to Apply for a Passport:
2” x 2” passport photo
- These can be taken at: CVS, Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Sam’s, etc.
- Check or money order made out to US Department of State for issuance fees
Government Issued photo ID such as State ID or Driver’s License
- If you have an out-of-state license, you need a secondary form of ID such as a Student ID or Social Security Card
- Original Birth Certificate or other proof of citizenship
Passports for Children
Children under 16 years of age will need authorization from both parents. If both parents cannot appear with the child who is applying for the passport, they will need to present documentation to prove the parental relationship and consent of both parents. Visit the US State Department website for more information and a list of approved documents for children under 16 years of age: Required Documents for Child Passports.