The Linkhorne Drop-off Recycling Center, located in the Forest Hills Shopping Center (behind Nice as New), will close on Friday, September 13, 2019. The closure is due to the owners’ need for more employee parking.
The City is looking for an alternate location for the drop-off site; however, nothing has been finalized at this time.
The City operates six other drop-off sites which accept cardboard, drink and food cans, newspapers, mixed paper and plastics #1 - #7:
• Grace Street, Behind Fire Station
• Kroger, Old Graves Mill Road & Timberlake Road
• River Ridge Mall (near JC Penney's parking area)
• Corner of Alleghany Avenue & Lakeside Drive
• Village Court Shopping Center, Boonsboro Road
• VA Cooperative Extension, Concord Turnpike