You are here
Household Hazardous Waste & Electronics
What is a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day?
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection day is an opportunity for citizens to properly dispose of material which should not be put in the landfill or poured down the drain due to toxicity or the potential for pollution of groundwater.
When is the next Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day?
2013 Collection Days: April 13 • June 8 • October 12
All participants must present a photo ID! To save time at the Collection Day, please fill out the HHW verification form. CLICK HERE TO PRINT A VERIFICATION FORM. Please bring items in non-returnable containers. Click here for What You Can and Cannot Bring to HHW.
Amherst, Appomattox and Nelson County residents must bring a voucher from the county solid waste department. To obtain a voucher form, please call: Amherst County residents (434) 846-3324; Appomattox County residents (434) 352-8184 and Nelson County residents (434) 263-7098.
- Available to residents only in Lynchburg and counties of Amherst, Appomattox, Campbell and Nelson and the towns of Amherst, Altavista, and Brookneal.
- Dates & Time: Second Saturday of April, June & October; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
- Location: Regional Landfill located at 2525 Concord Turnpike, Lynchburg.
- You MUST bring photo identification with you. County residents must bring a voucher.
- Please bring items in non-returnable containers.
- For City Residents: this collection does not count as your one free trip per month to the landfill.
- Save time... print and fill out a verification form.
- DO NOT BRING LATEX PAINT (either donate it to the Habitat Restore or add kitty litter to dry it up then toss it in with your regular weekly trash).
There is no fee for the HHW collection service.