You are here
Downtown Utility & Streetscape Project - Road Closures
Home | Maps | Project Schedule | Road Closures | Water Shut-Off's | Photo Gallery | FAQ | Two-Way Traffic | Contact Us
ROAD CLOSURE UPDATE- January 27, 2017
The underground pipework on Church Street between 5th and 8th Streets has been completed and construction crews will be moving onto Main Street on Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
The following traffic patterns will be in effect:
- Will be reduced to one lane of traffic just after 9th Street and open to two lanes after 7th Street.
- All way stops will remain in effect at the 8th and 7th Street intersections.
- There will be no on-street parking between 8th Street and 5th Street.
- GLTC will continue current service.
- Will be opened to local one lane, one-way traffic from 5th to 8th Streets.
- Road conditions in these three blocks will be rough and will vary from asphalt to gravel until paving is complete in the spring.
- Please maintain slow speeds through the construction zones as crews will continue to be working in the area.
- All way stops will be in effect at the 6th Street, 7th Street, and 8th Street intersections.
- There will be no on-street parking between 5th Street and 8th Street.
- GLTC will not run through the construction zone between 5th and 8th Streets, but will continue the current detour route.
- Thru-traffic will continue to detour to Commerce Street or Route 210 to Madison Heights. Traffic detour signs will be visible.
- Will be open to two-way traffic between Court and Church.
- Will be open to one-way traffic between Court and Main heading north toward the river.
- Will be closed at Main, but accessible from Church Street.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained as much as possible.
- Continue to check the website for updates www.lynchburgva.gov/tuningupdowntown
- Sign up for road watch updates on Lynchburg Alerts at www.lynchburgalerts.com