You are here
Blue Ridge Farms Utility Project, Phase III
In 2012, the City of Lynchburg began upgrading water, sewer, and stormwater services in the Blue Ridge Farms neighborhood.
In Phase III, water and sewer, and stormwater improvements will be made on Timber Court, Ashbourne Drive, Craigmont Drive, and parts of Tunbridge Road and Ramsgate Lane. With over 7,500 linear feet of water, sewer, and stormwater rehabilitation and replacement, this project will replace aging infrastructure, increase fire protection, and increase water and sewer capacity in the area.
Scope of Work
- 5,500 linear feet of 8” water line
- 1,470 linear feet of 8” sanitary sewer and 7 manhole rehabilitation
- 500 linear feet of new 8” sanitary sewer and seven manholes
- 115 linear feet of 15” storm sewer culverts
- Restoration of roadways
- Construction start: October 2017
- Estimated construction completion: July 2018
- Normal work hours: 7:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- If a planned temporary water service shut-off is necessary, affected residents will be notified 24 hours in advance with a door hanger on their front door. Service interruptions will be minimal.
- Construction may cause temporary discolored water or low water pressure. If you experience discolored water, run cold water taps for 3-5 minutes, until water clears. If the water does not clear, contact Lynchburg Water Resources at 434-455-4250.
- Residents will maintain access to their homes at all times.
- The contractor will close streets on a block-by-block to maintain a safe work zone. No through-traffic will be allowed in a closed area.
- "No Parking" signs will be posted on each closed block at least 24 hours in advance of construction.