Sec. 16.1-7. Terms Beginning with "P" through "R."


Sec. 16.1-7. Terms beginning with "P" through "R."
As used in this chapter, the following words and phrases shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them:
(a) Peak flow rate: The maximum instantaneous flow from a given storm condition at a particular location.
(b) Permittee: The person to whom the permit authorizing land disturbing activities is issued or the person who certifies that the approved erosion and sediment control plan will be followed.
(c) Person: Any individual, partnership, firm, association, joint venture, public or private corporation, trust, estate, commission, board, public or private institution, utility, cooperative, county, city, town, or other political subdivision of the commonwealth, any interstate body, or any other legal entity.
(d) Plan approving authority: The city's certified plan reviewer is responsible for determining the adequacy of a conservation plan submitted for land-disturbing activities on a unit or units of land and for approving plans.
(e) Post-development: Conditions that may be reasonably expected or anticipated to exist after completion of the land development activity on a specific site or tract of land.
(f) Pre-development: Conditions existing at the time the erosion and sediment control plan is submitted to the plan approving authority. Where phased development or plan approval occurs (preliminary grading, roads and utilities, etc.), the existing conditions at the time the erosion and sediment control plan for the initial phase is submitted for approval shall establish pre-development conditions.
(g) Program authority: means a district, county, city or town which has adopted a soil erosion and sediment control program which has been approved by the board.  The City of Lynchburg is the designated program authority through the department of community development.
(h) Responsible land disturber: An individual from the project or development team, who will be in charge of and responsible for carrying out a land disturbing activity covered by an approved plan or agreement in lieu of a plan, who (i) holds a responsible land disturber certificate of competence, (ii) hold a current certificate of competence from the board in the areas of combined administration, program administration, inspection or plan review, (iii) holds a current contractor certificate of competence for erosion and sediment control or (iv) is licensed in Virginia as a professional engineer, certified landscape architect or land surveyor pursuant to Article 1 (Sec. 54.1-1-400 et seq.) of Chapter 4 of Title 54.1 of the Code of Virginia.
(i) Runoff: That portion of precipitation that is discharged across the land surface or through conveyances to one (1) or more waterways.
(j) Runoff volume: The volume of water that runs off the land development project from a prescribed storm event. (Ord. No. O-93-039, 2-9-93; Ord. No. O-01-080, 4-24-01, eff. 5-1-01; Ord. No. O-09-121, 10-13-09)
Last updated date: 10/15/2009 8:38:09 AM