You are here
Boards & Commissions
Browse through the list of volunteer opportunities below and consider submitting an application for membership to one of these City Council-appointed boards. City Council will fill vacancies as they become available, reviewing applications from the volunteer pool throughout the year. Thank you for your willingness to serve.
- AIRPORT COMMISSION
- BUILDING CODE APPEALS BOARD
- CITY EMPLOYEES APPEAL BOARD
- COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARD
- COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ADVISORY COMMITTEE
- HORIZON BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
- DESIGN REVIEW BOARD
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY BOARD
- HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION
- LYNCHBURG BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE BOARD
- MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR./LYNCHBURG COMMUNITY COUNCIL
- MUSEUM ADVISORY BOARD
- PARKING AUTHORITY
- PLANNING COMMISSION
- REDEVELOPMENT & HOUSING AUTHORITY BOARD
- SCHOOL BOARD (School Board Application)
- SOCIAL SERVICES ADVISORY BOARD
- TOWING ADVISORY BOARD
- TRANSIT COMPANY BOARD
- VASAP BOARD
- YOUTH SERVICES CITIZENS BOARD
- ZONING APPEALS BOARD
The Clerk of Council Office processes all Board and Commission applications.Valeria P. Chambers, MMC Clerk of Council 900 Church Street Lynchburg, VA 24504 (434) 455-3983
All Boards and Commissions are subject to the rules and regulations of the Virginia Freedom of Information Act, Virginia Conflicts of Interest Act, and the Virginia Public Records Act, which are updated annually.
Individuals must complete an application to identify any special skills, experience or educational preparation which might be helpful to a board or commission. A separate application is required for the School Board.
Most boards require residency within the City of Lynchburg. Board and commission members are expected to attend at least 75% of scheduled meetings, and membership is usually limited to three consecutive terms.