You are here
Boarding up of Vacant Structures
The following requirements must be adhered to in the boarding up of vacant properties:
- All windows on the ground level must be boarded unless they have full glass panes.
- All exterior doors on the ground level must be boarded including crawl space openings unless they have secured non-damaged doors.
Any window(s) on the other levels where the glass is broken out must be boarded or
- Minimum half-inch plywood (no OSB board) must be used.
- Boards must be cut to fit window openings.
- Boards to be secured with long screws with square drive heads. Nails are not to be used.
- Boards are to be painted on both sides and edges.
- Paint is to be exterior, black or color of the property.
- Paint is to be applied with a brush or roller.
- Any other openings are to be closed after approval from the Building Official or Property Maintenance Official. Boarding must be completed within 72 hours of notification.